Lighting & Wipers Service and Repair
There’s a lot that goes into staying safe on the roads. You need working parts, functioning systems, and you need to see what’s going on around you. That means you also need a functioning lighting system and good windshield wipers. Not only do they work together to help with seeing your surroundings, but it reduces your chances of getting into an accident. At Kennedy Transmission, our number one priority is your safety, whether it’s repairing something major like an engine, or just simply installing new headlights or windshield wipers.
Your lighting system is primarily used to see while driving at night, or in certain weather conditions like fog, rain, and snow. But, your lighting system isn’t just for your use; it is vital to help drivers around you. Your lights alert other drivers to when you are slowing down, stopping, turning, or in an emergency situation. Every single light is important to staying safe on the road – whether your headlights prevent you from hitting an animal at night, or your brake lights help another driver avoid rear ending you.
While fixing a broken light is usually a simple task, it can be difficult to know when you are in need of a new one. In many unlucky situations, drivers aren’t alerted to a broken headlight or taillight until a police officer pulls them over. So what was likely an affordable, simple fix is now more costly and time consuming. Here are some helpful tips to catching a broken light:
- Get into your vehicle and have someone stand outside while you test each light. Be sure to test your fog lamps, low beams, high beams, turn signals, brake lights, tail lights, reverse lights, and emergency signals.
- If you notice one of your signals rapidly blinking, it’s time to get it replaced.
- If your front lights seem dimmer while driving at night, be sure to check it immediately.
- Stop by Kennedy Transmission at any time for a free light inspection. We can check every single light to make sure they’re functioning properly, and replace anything that is broken.
Pro Tip: Be sure to turn on your headlights during rain, fog, or snow. It not only helps other drivers see you, but it is required by law in most states to have them on during certain weather conditions.
The wiper system is designed to provide you with clear visibility by removing excessive snow, water, or dirt from your windshield. It is important to always have working windshields to ensure you can see everything around you. Several factors like rain, ice, snow, and even the sun can cause the rubber on the wiper blade to crack and split overtime, making it much more difficult to see during inclement weather. There are several things to be aware of when it comes to your windshield wipers and knowing when you need new ones:
- Replace your wipers every six months to a year, or as soon as you notice a difference in visibility
- As soon as you notice signs of streaking – especially when you turn your washer fluid on
- Any scraping or chattering noises while in use
- Any cracking, peeling, or splitting in the rubber blade
We Can Fix That!
If you notice an issue with your lighting system or windshield wipers, don’t wait to get it checked out. Each time you come in to service your vehicle we check to make sure everything is working properly. Our trained mechanics use the best automotive repair equipment to ensure you are safe and protected out on the roads. Stop by a Kennedy Transmission near you for a free inspection!