Transmission Service & Repair
Transmissions are easily one of the most complicated pieces of machinery inside a vehicle and they can come in all types, like manual, automatic, and performance. Automatic transmissions do the gear shifting for you, while manual requires you do the work. Performance transmissions are designed for heavy loads and racing vehicles. No matter your type, we rebuild, reseal, replace, readjust, and repair all kinds.
Kennedy Transmission Services
- Computer Diagnosis: We’ll scan your cars computer for any problems, as well as check your vehicle’s electrical components.
- External Diagnosis: This is where we take a comprehensive look at the exterior of your transmission to find leaks and damaged fluid. We’ll also take a test drive and put your car up on the lift to get a 360-degree view.
- Fluid & Filter Replacement: About every 15,000 – 60,000 miles, we recommend you get your transmission fluid flushed, as well as clean the oil pan and replace the filter.
- Transmission Adjustment: Whether it’s a foreign or domestic car, we can adjust your transmission by replacing sensors, fixing bad connections or sprucing up other parts.
- Transmission Cooler: For high-performance cars and those who haul a lot of stuff, an external cooler helps keep your transmission within prime temperature settings. We can install that for you, no sweat!
- Transmission Rebuild: For complete transmission overhauls, we’re your A-Team. We’ll take it apart, inspecting everything for wear and tear. Then we’ll put it back together in great condition.
- Replacement Transmission: If a rebuild isn’t for you, we can replace your transmission to get you back on the road in no time.
- Transmission Reseal: If your transmission turns out to be leaking fluid, we’ll take it out of your car and replace all external seals as well as other components as needed.
10 Signs Your Transmission Needs Work
Not sure whether your transmission needs work? Here are some warning signs and things to pay attention to.
- It’s been 15,000-60,000 miles since the oil filter has been replaced
- Your vehicle refuses to go into gear
- You experience “hard” shifting or slipping of gears while driving
- You smell burning transmission fluid (slightly sweet-smelling)
- The transmission is loud while in neutral
- You feel your clutch “dragging” or not allowing you to go into gear
- Leaking fluid (this will be red in color)
- The “Check Engine” light comes on
- You hear a grinding noise or experience shaking
- You hear whining, banging or humming
We can fix that!
Transmission is in our name – but that’s not what makes us expert transmission guys. For over 50 years, we’ve seen every kind of transmission issue. No matter how simple or complicated your problem, we can fix that! Find a shop near you now to let us help you keep moving.
© 2017 Kennedy Transmission Brake & Auto Service